Jane&Jada

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

It's a new day!!

A NEW DAY!!!!! November 11, 2004........ThursdayWOW, I am a new woman or should I say Momma. It is 6:15. Jada got up at 5:30. I gave her some pedialyte and she went right back to sleep. So, I took a shower and washed my hair for the first time since I have gotten Jada. I feel good!!!! 5 hours of good sleep and I am ready!This is for all the parents who have been here. Remember the shower head in the bathroom that you can hold in your hand if you want to. Well, I put it in the shower hook to take a shower and did not get it in there good enough. I turned on the water and I got my shower before I even got into the tub before I could catch get the water off so I could "catch" that thing. The bathroom is soaked now. There is even water on the ceiling. haha............I was laughing out loud when I finally got it under control. Only me could do something like that.Little Jada: The nights before she would toss and turn and take her little legs and pushed herself around and round in the crib almost constantly. Last night, she stayed in the same direction. I think now she was trying to rock heself to sleep. She is not making as my noise and gunting at night at well. Slept much more peaceful. She always wake up crying though.Today we are going on a tour. I can't remember what. I am not good at remembering many details at the moment.Thank you so much for writing me letters. They are a such a source of wonderful support. Reading them this morning me smile and inspired me to keep up the hard work for such a bundle of joy.Diaper changes...............I am getting much, much better doing diaper changes now. You know she has been having diarhea. I know now I am officially a mom when I have been poop on a couple of times. I was going through all my clothes. But, the last 24 hours, I think I have managed not to be squirted on. haha..............oh my, Like I keep saying, I had no ideal.I am finding that Jada likes to be naked. Her butt is so little. After taking off her dirty diapers, I let her stay naked for a few minutes so her bottom will completely dry and then wrap her up in one of these big white soft towels and carry her to the mirrors. We just have real quiet alone time and just look at each other in the mirrors. She really looks at me in the mirror more. I can tell she is really studying me. She is so quiet doing that time. Very quiet but content! That is like a ritual now after each diaper change. So sweet.(To Mom and DAd, I know it took a while to hear from me but now I think I can write at least every other day. I miss you both and I know you were probably worried about me. I have been tired but I am really okay. I think Jada will certainly add much love to your life. She is so alert with those big eyes. And I think she will be a talker. So, just think, someday she will be telling you all kinds of things. She will certainly bring much life (and noise) to the Care Center. :)(To my family, I can't wait for you all to meet her. She will certainly add joy and spice to our family. And yes, I think she will be short like all of us!!!! )(To Kristi, Lorrie and Wendy,,,,,,,,,, I would have never made it through the first 48 hours without your phone calls. Do I need to say more? Thank you so much. You guys are the best mommies in the world!)To all of you............I hope you enjoy reading these. This is my journal for me to share with Jada. I want her to read about of this. Thank you all for prayers and support. I hope you even got a few laughs out of my stories. Take good care)And last, to Annie......................I missed you too!Good night everyone. My day is just beginning here in China. Time for breakfast!Love from China,Jane & Jada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home