Jane&Jada

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A note from Jane

It is me, Jada's Momma............Wow, it has only been 3 days. The first day was so exciting and overwhelming that I have a hard time remembering it all. Yes, Jada was the 3rd one in and the first one to cry but now I am learning that it is just her making noise. But, she was crying really big by the time we left the room. The first night was okay. She would not look at me but would certainly watch everything going on around her. This was on Sunday.Monday morning was good. We had breakfast and I was able to spoon feed her and she would take a sippy cup. But, by afternoon we were having lots and lots of tummy problems and she would not look at me or let me console her. We were up for most of Monday night. I have to admit by morning I was at my wit's end. Tired and feeling completely alone at times with this little bitty girl that was so responsible for.Tuesday morning was not much better. But that afternoon she started looking at me. Very minimal but I knew we were starting to trust. Tuesday night was a birthday party. Instantly she was clapping her little hands and slapping them down beside her on me, or the floor or the highchair or what ever we were sitting on. Then we went out to eat at a nice resturant. She was doing really good but it took so long to get food and she was starting to get restless. So, I left early and she was asleep by the time I got her home. At last, I could get some sleep. I don't even know what time it was but by 1:00 I was having major stomach problem and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom and of course Jada was up then. haha You can imagine the rest of the night.Wednesday, today, I am still without much sleep. But, I feel good. Jada is sleeping now. It is only 8:00 and I wanted to share these last 3 days with you all, esp my Mom and Dad.Everyone told me this would be hard but I had no ideal how hard it would be. But, today, there were moments when she would look at me and my heart would just melt. We are connecting and I have no regrets. I do feel overwhelmed but with God's strength and support of friends and family, Jada and I will do just fine. She gets bored here in the room so I can only imagine how bored she will be in my house. oh my..........I will have to be very creative. She is so curious. She is only mimicing me. ba ba ba ba...........and she will let out some loud noise to get our attention or something. When we get on the elevator or just walking down the street, she will make their squating noise and wave her little hands when someone walks by. She is very alert. Some of the babies are sleeping up to 20 hours a day. She is up most of the day and only took a 2 hour nap today. I know some of you are laughing at me because I always said I was going to have a quiet baby, and now I have the loudest one in the bunch. She even let out these noises at night. She is not crying just talking or something. I think she is going to be sweet. Time will tell. If we are standing or sitting right next to someone, she will take her hand and softly touch them on their shoulder and wait for their response. So sweet!I don't know how much she weighs but she is wearing 6 to 9 months clothes. She was letting me spoon feed her yesterday but today she only wants to feed herself. I am still trying to figure all this out. Charlene has been sick and had to get another room so I have been attending to her needs and getting her and myself ready all by myself. And then when we are out on a tour or meeting, it is just me carrying her and the back pack and whatever we are doing. Everyone else is husband and wife so I think I am doing okay. All of you who work with me will love this. I was late to one of our tour trips. like by 5 minutes.......The CHI cooridinator got after me. So, today, I was on time but poor Jada did not have socks on. haha Then she got after me for not having socks on. All the other babies were all fixed up and perfect.........I said hey I got her on time. I figured without any sleep on my part and if Jada had on a dry diaper, we were good to go. hahaLanundry..........oh my goodness, I had no ideal, how can I possibly go through so many wash clothese, clothes, bids, etc in just a matter of hours..........I am just totally amazed.The hotel is very nice. The city is very lovely. It is a wonderful place to start a family. The Chinese people are so helpful and love to talk with us. The weather is great. A bit hot today but so beautiful. If any of the above writing sounds like I am complaining, I am not.........I am just being honest and wanting to share with the world what my last few days have been like. They have been very hard but I would not trade them for anything. I know I am making progress. And I the Mother to a girl named Jada. Very sweet, curious, noisy, little Jada. She is mine to bring home.One last note, I am not going to do spell check. I am too tired. So forgive me for grammar and spelling errors. Also, please email me at rngrace14@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from you. I cannot personally post to my web page except pictures so Kristie is going to copy/paste this. Also, I can't get on aol over here.Love from beautiful China..........................Jane and Jada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home