Jane&Jada

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Summer Review

I know it is the first week of November, but I wanted to post and journal our fun summer of 2006 on Jada's blog. I had a great time being Jada's mommy this summer and felt like a kid again as we played at the pool, summer festivals, parks, and even a carnival. I am sorry to say that summer is over. I thought today would be a great time to summarize June, July and August as we, Jada and I, celebrate 2 years together as Mother and Daughter TODAY. The actual date of our GOTCHA DAY was November 7, 2004. But, in my mind, it will always be on a Sunday. I like that because usually Jada and I stay home most of the day on Sundays and have just some one-on-one little family time. So, what are we doing today to celebrate GOTCHA DAY??? STAYING HOME and looking at pictures, dancing, reading and playing and "catching up."

Our 3 months of summer went by so fast! Everyday I asked Jada what she wanted to do, she would always say "swim" and she would go put on her swimsuit. We probably did go swimming 3-5 times a week but we did managed to fit in other fun summer activities as well.

The highlight for me this summer was seeing 3 other children from Dianbai. All of our children had came so far physically and emotionally. They have all changed so much and we were so proud of all of them. It was very special to be with the other families again as she shared such a bond together when we received our Dianbai children that day on November 7, 2004. And I certainly hope some of us can always get together every summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home