Being a MOM!
I have been Jada's Mom for 20 months now. And I think being someone's Mom is the best thing ever! I am learning so much about myself and about the world that surrounds us. I have attempted to write my new insights down in a journal but never really get them all down. So, I am writing this here on our blog for Jada and I to share someday.
I think I have finally adjusted to this new role. I have been more reflective this past month as I think about Jada and the things that she does. I think the first 8 months, I was kind of in a reactive mode when I would just respond to her physical needs and to the daily "chores" that I had to get done. (Kinda like a survival mode.) But now, I really feel like I am keeping up and slowing down to enjoy being a Mom and being with Jada. My best days with Jada are when we just stay home for the day and hangout here in the house when we play, read, talk on the phone, sing, dance, etc...............I always try to have one of these days home with Jada each week.
As a new Mom, my eyes certainly have open to watching other kids. People have asked me if being a Mom was what I thought it would be. And usually, I can say yes and I knew it would be hard. But, I think the hardest part of being a Mom is how I can feel when I am having a tough moment with Jada and I feel other people watching me. This comes from both people I know and from strangers. Jada can be having a tough moment and I am thinking through my mind what I should or should not do. Is this insecurities??? Sure, it is. I certainly don't do the right thing all the time. Sometimes, I just don't know what to do. I try to focus on what I think Jada needs at the moment and do the best I can. I have received such wonderful support during these first 8 months, but I am amazed how critical some people can be as well. Now, when I see another Mom with a child, I always hope that I am able to give her a smile and a kind expression that offer support.
I also love to watch other Moms and their kids. I think this is when we can really see our values come to play as we interact and teach our kids. I am simply amazed at the extreme of what may be important for one mother may not be important at all to another mother. And before I became a mother, I thought it was just all the same. There was a lady that came to my home from the School District and we shared this same observation. This has certainly been fun to watch and learn. I wish I could share some stories about this!
In closing, I love being a Mom. I asked a young woman back home who had two kids how she liked being a Mom. She just said "it was a lot of hard work." Yes, but............... She did not add anything and I felt bad for her that she did not add anything. I hope I never say Jada is just a lot of work. Yes, being a Mom is a lot of work and it can be hard but I think it is the best work I have ever done. I don't even like to say it is work. She is my legacy. I love her with all my heart. I will always be here for her and will do everything I can for her.
CELEBRATE MOTHERHOOD!!!!
I think I have finally adjusted to this new role. I have been more reflective this past month as I think about Jada and the things that she does. I think the first 8 months, I was kind of in a reactive mode when I would just respond to her physical needs and to the daily "chores" that I had to get done. (Kinda like a survival mode.) But now, I really feel like I am keeping up and slowing down to enjoy being a Mom and being with Jada. My best days with Jada are when we just stay home for the day and hangout here in the house when we play, read, talk on the phone, sing, dance, etc...............I always try to have one of these days home with Jada each week.
As a new Mom, my eyes certainly have open to watching other kids. People have asked me if being a Mom was what I thought it would be. And usually, I can say yes and I knew it would be hard. But, I think the hardest part of being a Mom is how I can feel when I am having a tough moment with Jada and I feel other people watching me. This comes from both people I know and from strangers. Jada can be having a tough moment and I am thinking through my mind what I should or should not do. Is this insecurities??? Sure, it is. I certainly don't do the right thing all the time. Sometimes, I just don't know what to do. I try to focus on what I think Jada needs at the moment and do the best I can. I have received such wonderful support during these first 8 months, but I am amazed how critical some people can be as well. Now, when I see another Mom with a child, I always hope that I am able to give her a smile and a kind expression that offer support.
I also love to watch other Moms and their kids. I think this is when we can really see our values come to play as we interact and teach our kids. I am simply amazed at the extreme of what may be important for one mother may not be important at all to another mother. And before I became a mother, I thought it was just all the same. There was a lady that came to my home from the School District and we shared this same observation. This has certainly been fun to watch and learn. I wish I could share some stories about this!
In closing, I love being a Mom. I asked a young woman back home who had two kids how she liked being a Mom. She just said "it was a lot of hard work." Yes, but............... She did not add anything and I felt bad for her that she did not add anything. I hope I never say Jada is just a lot of work. Yes, being a Mom is a lot of work and it can be hard but I think it is the best work I have ever done. I don't even like to say it is work. She is my legacy. I love her with all my heart. I will always be here for her and will do everything I can for her.
CELEBRATE MOTHERHOOD!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home