Jane&Jada

Saturday, January 08, 2005

TWO MONTHS

Jada and I have been mother and daughter now for 2 months. Wow, I can't imagine my life without her now. I am so blessed. Around Christmas time, I finally felt like I could live in the moment and really watch the things that Jada was doing. I think before that I was still overwhelmed with being a new mom to such an active little girl. I am having more and more fun with her.

Jada is growing!!!!!! The girl eats anything I give her (or I should say other people give her). The bad news is that she does not care for veggies. She will eat a few but then she starts feeding them to Annie who does not like veggies neither. She is walking!!!!!!!!!!!! At home, she walks all the time!!! She is not saying very many words but she has been heard to say Jada, mommy, Hi, Bye-Bye, Doggie, and other questionable words. I need to work with her more on words.

We just had an ice storm here in KC but it was not as bad as they thought it could be. Jada and I stayed in the house for 3 days straight. By the third day, I think she was very, very bored with me.

I am back to work now.........Two days (12 hours) a week at SMMC. 3 Nights (8 hours) a month at KU. I hope this will provide all the money I need. I can live a very simple lifestyle. I am okay with leaving Jada at nights with my friends who come over to stay with her. But, leaving her for 12 hours when I work at SMMC is very hard. I am okay leaving her and she does great!!! But, by afternoon, I just miss her so much and the day drags on very, very slowly. Jada waves bye-bye to me when I leave her. So cute!

The holidays have came and gone. It was a very busy time with travel. We have visited my family 4 hours away 3 times since we have been home from China. Jada got lots of fun gifts from such generous friends and family. Thank you all for making our first Christmas such a special memory.

Happy New Year!!!!! Wishing you all good health and much joy and peace throughout 2005. Please keep the little children and people of Southern Asia in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home